Forum Thread: What Should I NOT Want to See in My Trusted Credentials Log?

My phone (htc desire) is showing all signs of some type of malware . So went to check out my security settings and and found an app that I did not download. In fact the logo of said app was incorrect. They basic design was the same but the color and other small details were not of the genuine app logo. Needless to say, I deleted it. Now I took a look at the trusted credentials and I am not sure if some the certs should be there cause they sound pretty shady. How ever I am a newbie and don't know what exactly I am supposed to see here

12 Responses

Can you provide a screenshot please?

I posted a link ?? in the comments thread. Thanks I appreciate your time and help with this

Oh wow, some of those definitely look shady. Unfortunately, I think your best bet would be to perform a factory reset. I know it isn't ideal, but the other solution would be to manually remove these one-by-one.

It isn't ideal but I refuse to allow this to continue. I don't know who it is or what they want but I'm gonna try my best to make sure they come up blank and feel stupid. Any advice on how I can maybe find out who it is?

Can I please see the screen shot of of your list so I may compare it to mine
Thanks

hey guys I'm pretty sure a third party is hacking my phone . I have tried everything to get rid of the hacker . I'd like to know what system trusted credentials come default on the phone and witch ones is the third party responsible for ? Ill post some more pics of more info I have found . I desperately need help with this because like i said I seriously have tried everything I know or what I have read about .

I also believe I have the same or similar problem as the concern before mine. Something is definitely wrong. Ex boyfriend knows things in my phone or could only of been heard through my phone. . Different not so nice people have used my phone for various reasons, which I know zip about technology, and I've seen on strange screens on my phone I didn't know not even could really explain. Shortly after I'd notice little strange things. Someone slip and say something I didn't tell them, my location, Bluetooth, hotspot ect will be on no matter how many times I turn them off. (Ex not such a good guy I'm sure your gathering). Well what's worse is I'm stuck with this phone and on him/his mothers plan for a long time thanks to Verizon being so understanding, or not so much! I know her being the admin she use to track other people for him which I thought was a joke until I really got to know them.....there could be TONS of stuff with a screen thing I heard, and hooked to or set up a credential, my hotspot. Hidden stuff. My text sometimes start missing words, sentences when I definitely go seeking to them....HELP PLEASE

Having had something like this happen recently (found an invisible app trying to update. Google security caught it, it was basicly an app that was recording calls and giving full remote access to a third party.) There are spy companies that literally do NOT need access to your phone to install it. (The one on my phone showed as an invisible app, hanging in a system update, showed as connected to the company's email address.) Some need only to call you and the program starts, giving itself admin privileges.

I highly recommend that you go to your phone's service provider for a "reset", a new phone number. Do not activate the phone to your old email. Establish new email, change all passwords (including for your previous email if you choose to continue using it).

Help. ShyNinja sick of being Seen by the Unseen. Cowards violators! See screen shots. Certs and Permissions. Fucked. Please help. Won't allow me to upload screenshots now!

Ok, well I have screenshots of all my certs but could not get them to upload. Can anyone help me with this? Also have Permissions doing the same - accessing all my everything without my permission (I have shut down permissions and still they persist) Am I hacked? Can I trace it back to who?

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active